KTS ZBH 1: Sandbank Picnic (09:30-16:30)
This full day excursion includes something for everyone; from relaxing on the white sands of the Pange Sandbank to snorkelling for tropical fish and devouring a BBQ Seafood Buffet- guests are in for a treat!
We board the dhow and set sail towards Prison Island! There, guests will enjoy a guided tour of a prison built for ‘rebellious slaves’, a visit with giant Aldabra tortoises (a species now considered vulnerable), and snorkelling with a guide to view the stunning array of coral and tropical fish that surround the island. We then sail to the magnificent Pange Sandbank, a beautiful patch of white sand surrounded by turquoise waters. Guests can relax under the shade of our ample tents or swim in the warm water of the Indian Ocean. All that activity sure builds an appetite! For lunch, guests savour a delicious Seafood BBQ served with a cool and refreshing beverages. After lunch, snorkel among Clownfish and Moorish Idols or simply take a walk around the sandbank to witness the birdlife. By the time we set sail to town in the late afternoon, guests will have enjoyed one of their favourite days in Zanzibar!
• 09:30 – Meet at the Original Dhow meeting point and board your dhow
• 09:45 – Meet the crew, observe a safety briefing and set sail toward Prison Island
• 10:30 – Arrive at Prison Island. Tour the historic prison, visit the giant tortoises and snorkel around the island.
• 12:00 – Hop on board the dhow and sail to Pange Sandbank
• 13:00 – BBQ Seafood Lunch prepared for 8 persons or more. For 7 or less persons, we pack a delicious picnic basket! Meals are served at tables under a beautiful tent made of Merikani sails. After lunch, snorkel in and out of the colourful Pange Reef and swim around the island.
• 16:00 – Set Sail for Stone Town
• 16:30 – Arrive in Stone Town