KTS ZBH 2: Prison Island (09:30-12:30 or 13:30-16:30)
This half day excursion mixes a bit of history with adventure! Take a tour of Prison Island to learn its shameful past, befriend an Aldabra Tortoise and ‘oh’ and ‘ah’ at the tropical fish as you snorkel in the surrounding waters!
Choose amongst a morning or afternoon charter, and take off for Prison Island, also know as Changuu or Quarantine Island. There, tour a conservation area dedicated to the endangered Aldabra Tortoises. Pet a tortoise that is up to 180 years old! After admiring our large, reptile friends, take a tour of the historical prison, once used to house rebellious slaves, and later used as a quarantine, sheltering the island from such epidemics as yellow fever. Getting a little hot? Why not go for a snorkel in the crystal clear waters that surround the island, or go for a swim and relax on the white sands? On the sail back, we’ll indulge in some tropical fruits, hoping to leave you with an extra sweet memory of your day.
• 09:30 – Meet at the Original Dhow meeting point and board your dhow
• 09:45 – Meet the crew, observe a safety briefing and set sail toward Prison Island
• 10:30 – Arrive at Prison Island. Tour the historic prison, visit the giant tortoises and snorkel around the island.
• 12:00 – Set Sail for Stone Town
• 12:30 – Arrive in Stone Town