KTS ZBH 3: Sunset Dhow Cruise (16:30-18:30)
Without a worry in the world, guests sail into the sunset with glass in hand and their own private musician!
What’s a better way to end your day? During the two-hour sunset cruise, guests enjoy a refreshing drink as they devour delicious canapés. For four or more persons, guests can include a private Taarab musician, who will play the traditional, soothing sounds of Zanzibar’s favourite music- a great way to watch the sun set. Enjoy the colourful view on board while your guide describes the history of the dhow and explains Stone Town from a dhow’s perspective. Imagine what life was like 500 years ago when dhows ruled the Indian Ocean!
• 16:30 – Meet at the Original Dhow meeting point and board your dhow
• 16:45 – Meet the crew, observe a safety briefing and set sail while the guide describes historical Stone Town sites visible from the dhow.
– Butler serves canapés and beverages
– Private Musician plays Taarab music (4 persons or more)
– Sail for an hour up the coast
– Sail back towards Stonetown as the sun sets
• 18:30 – Return to Stone Town