TERMS AND CONDITIONS (FOR ZANZIBAR BEACH HOLIDAYS):
The price includes:
– Accommodation as stipulated in the Itinerary (FB / HB / BB accommodation depending on what you book).
– Services of an English speaking driver-guide and all the entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary.
– All Government taxes and levies.
– 18% VAT.
– All meet and greet services.
– All transfers (Depending on your itinerary).
– 24 hours stand-by contact number.
– Meals as indicated in the itinerary.
The price does not include:
– All items of personal nature e.g. telephone call bills, fax/email bills etc.
– Gratuities and Tips to Hotels/Lodges/Camps staff and Driver/Guide(s).
– Alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks.
– Any local or international flight/s and departure taxes and other taxes.
– Laundry services.
– Flights – National or International – (Local flights – Subject to your programme)
– Fuel Surcharges (In case of any increase which is beyond our control)
– Concession fees (In case of any new fees introduced by parks without our knowledge.
– Any other item(s) not included in our itinerary.
– Visa fees (currently US$ 50.00 per passport holder). Visas are available on arrival at all – Entry point/s
We book rooms with private bath/shower on the basis of two persons sharing a double room. The choice of hotels or lodges can change depending on their availability in high or low season at the time of booking.
– Liability and risks:
The company and its agents act only as agent of agents in all matters relating to tours and shall not be liable for injury, death, delay, loss, damage, illness or weather conditions for a cause in any manner.
The company’s liability carried in the vehicle is governed by the respective laws of the country and all claims are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of the country.
The company reserves the right to subcontract all or any part of the services agreed to be supplied.
The company cannot be held responsible for loss or damage to baggage or equipment.
The company draws your attention to the fact that there are certain inherent risks present when on safari, or when engaging in any strenuous physical activity. It is your sole responsibility to obtain appropriate medical advice as to medication, immunization, and whether or not you are fit enough to undertake the trip, prior to departure.
– Terms of business:
A deposit of 40% per person is required on booking a tour. The balance is payable 14 days before the tour departs.
– Alteration of tours:
The right is reserved to change any arrangements should conditions so necessitate.
– Force majeure:
Force Majeure ” means, in relation to the company, any circumstances beyond the control of the company (including and without limitation, acts of God, explosions, floods, tempests, fires, accidents, war or threat of war, sabotage, insurrection, civil disturbance or requisition, sickness, quarantine, government intervention, weather conditions or other outwards occurrences).
If the company is affected by force majeure it shall forthwith notify you of the nature and extent thereof.
The company shall not be deemed to be in breach of these items and conditions or otherwise be liable to you, by reason of delay in performance, or by non-performance, of any of its obligations hereunder to the extent that any such delay or non-performance is due to any force majeure.
If the company is affected by force majeure it shall be entitled to, and may at its sole and absolute discretion, vary or cancel any reservations or cancel any reservation or arrangement in relation to the visits. Payment of any refund by the company to you as result of the non-performance of any company shall use its reasonable endeavours to reimburse you where possible. However, the company shall be entitled to deduct from any refund recoverable to the reasonable actual and potential costs to the company of the force majeure.
– Valid travel insurance:
We strongly recommend that all clients take out travel comprehensive insurance when making a booking. We recommend that insurance covers loss of deposit and other monies through cancellation, loss or damage to personal baggage and loss of money, medical expenses, additional expenses to cover hotel accommodation and repatriation costs to their home country should any services need to be extended or curtailed due to illness or other insurable risk. Please note that restrictions on the time to effect insurance apply to some services such as airfares.
– Cancellation and refund:
In the event of cancellation or amendments, a minimum charge to cover expenses incurred as well as cancellation fees chargeable at the lodges will be made. We normally charge the client 30% of the total tour cost as cancellation fees.
Refund will not be provided if parts of the service/ climb are not utilized.
Cancellation during the climb, the client will not receive any refund on not used service. If the client has to be brought down to Moshi for injuries and does not complete the climb, refund will not be made to the unused services/ climb.
Any extra cost will be barred by the client.